-
Junior Member
registered user
PCI Modem problem...
I have a pci modem that was not auto-detected by Knoppix. I tried to use pppconfig but it only configures serial-port modem. Can anyone tell me how to configure pci modem in knoppix? Also, somehow my desktop settings are not saved after I log off and I have to configure the desktop everytime I use Knoppix. If anyone know what is happening, please tell me!! Thanks!
-
Try this first. This is how I got my PCI modem to work.
Type this into a root shell:
cd /dev
./MAKEDEV ttyS4
ln -s ttyS4 modem
chmod 777 modem
chmod 777 ttyS4
This will set up your default modem to run on ttyS4. For Win/DOS users ttyS4 is com5. This is an unusual com that is sometimes used by modems.
Hope that helps
Similar Threads
-
By Mic Q in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-21-2004, 01:23 PM
-
By rogleale in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-19-2004, 02:11 PM
-
By Jason in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-22-2003, 05:07 PM
-
By Ste in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 06-18-2003, 05:17 AM
-
By mann in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-11-2003, 10:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules
$599.00

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper EX-4PST-RMK Adjustable 4-Post Rack Mount Kit NEW Factory Sealed
$150.00

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99