Quote Originally Posted by Stephen
Quote Originally Posted by fingers99
I wasn't all that sure how to take it.

I have been doing some thinking lately about exactly what would be required to simply give a Knoppix CD to someone who has never touched their bios, set up an ISP manually, or done anything other than use a pre-installed Windows set up and be confident in saying "get on with it!".

It's quite a mind binder
Better yet give them and XP disk and a totally bare computer and see if they can come with a working system.
I have done that numerous times. The only thing that may initimate a user for a completely new XP installation would be the partition creation which is also handled nicely.

XP and Linux installation is like day and night. Linux advocate may not like it but Microsoft has spent a lot of money and effort in this area(. I am wondering if they beat even Apple.