Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Quick Remaster for laptop?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3

    Quick Remaster for laptop?

    Hello folks,
    Knoppix runs fine on my laptop, but I have to edit these settings:

    xkbset bouncekeys 20
    xkbset slowkeys 20
    xkbset -bell

    iwconfig essid (myssid) enc (myencryptionkey) ; pump

    I was wondering if I could edit the iso or something to add those to whatever config files without using the Remastering HowTo. I don't have the ram or space to do it. Also, if I can..what files do I edit?

    thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    139
    Toshiba?

    You may be able to make a configuration floppy with a script to do that. Maybe even convince someone to add it as an option from the boot menu.

    i.e.

    knoppix bouncekeys

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3
    What I did was save my configuration (in KDE). It saved it, but when I boot it up, cardmanager says it couldn't do it and exits. I do have a script that does both, but I have to load it after I get into x. I'll deal with it for now.

    Thanks


    btw...nice dell info page. I have a few friends who have inspiron 8200s. I couldn't afford one... =\

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    139
    Yeah I was kinda the resident dell laptop guru for a while on Delltalk, but their forum software is slow as hell now and it irritates me.

Similar Threads

  1. just a quick question
    By benjamin1254 in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-11-2005, 03:42 AM
  2. Two quick problems..
    By BNU-FaNtAsMa in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 04:14 AM
  3. PLEASE HELP - Quick Question
    By mikey_man380 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-06-2003, 10:56 PM
  4. Quick Samba
    By jolimp in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-19-2003, 07:48 AM
  5. Quick question
    By unimportantguy in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-23-2003, 09:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00



AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU picture

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU

$15.99