-
Junior Member
registered user
Bypassing Window Manager + Sound Problems Q's?
This is going to be my last question for a while, I promise! Time for a return of favor after this quesetion to help out others as this was a learning experience for me
Getting to the Point:
When I boot KNOPPIX and the graphical server starts, I don't want to start KDE, Gnome, or any of the other Window Managers unless I absolutely have to (and I know I don't have to, I think). When I do that, and start my program/game launcher "LoadProgram" no sound appears to be working.
Now here is my problem. BTW, KDE is still installed. With the mod I just mentioned, well, great, sound isn't working at all! So after a given amount of time, the program locks up, but is easily resetable and works again. NOW, heres the catch, when I start kde and load the program, with the remastered disk, the sound works perfectly with no lockups.
Anyone no whats the problem here?
Similar Threads
-
By RattyMan in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-23-2004, 07:32 PM
-
By veuf in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 02:12 PM
-
By John in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 02:25 AM
-
By e7eMeNt in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-08-2004, 03:02 AM
-
By neotheonlyone in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-07-2003, 03:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99