-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Creating a configuration floppy!

Originally Posted by
Mr. Bird Poo
I'm new to Linux all over but since PCFormat included Knoppix 3.2 on their cover DVD I've started using it. Unforunately though as you all know it doesn't remember what configuration changes you make. I know there's HDD install and creating your own version of the CD; but I've heard of a way to get the config files on floppy. Can someone take me through one long procedure of how this works. I'm really new so the procedure has to treat me like I know nothing.
This was has been asked and answered many times a quick search of the forum comes up with this thread.
note: the knoppix floppyconfig cheat code mentioned has been changed to knoppix floppyconf in the most recent versions.
Similar Threads
-
By rduke15 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-26-2005, 02:48 PM
-
By mskogly in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-18-2004, 03:51 AM
-
By Serenity in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 08:29 PM
-
By CommonCtrl6 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-25-2003, 09:24 PM
-
By jnowlin in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2003, 09:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER
$349.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$250.00

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00