Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Creating a configuration floppy!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    2

    Creating a configuration floppy!

    I'm new to Linux all over but since PCFormat included Knoppix 3.2 on their cover DVD I've started using it. Unforunately though as you all know it doesn't remember what configuration changes you make. I know there's HDD install and creating your own version of the CD; but I've heard of a way to get the config files on floppy. Can someone take me through one long procedure of how this works. I'm really new so the procedure has to treat me like I know nothing.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Creating a configuration floppy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bird Poo
    I'm new to Linux all over but since PCFormat included Knoppix 3.2 on their cover DVD I've started using it. Unforunately though as you all know it doesn't remember what configuration changes you make. I know there's HDD install and creating your own version of the CD; but I've heard of a way to get the config files on floppy. Can someone take me through one long procedure of how this works. I'm really new so the procedure has to treat me like I know nothing.
    This was has been asked and answered many times a quick search of the forum comes up with this thread.

    note: the knoppix floppyconfig cheat code mentioned has been changed to knoppix floppyconf in the most recent versions.

Similar Threads

  1. Can only save configuration to floppy, not to USB
    By rduke15 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2005, 02:48 PM
  2. Creating floppy disc on laptop
    By mskogly in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 03:51 AM
  3. Can't restore configuration from hd or floppy
    By Serenity in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 08:29 PM
  4. Creating a floppy disk after hdd installation!
    By CommonCtrl6 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2003, 09:24 PM
  5. Missing Image File for Creating Boot Floppy
    By jnowlin in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2003, 09:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$288.19



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC picture

Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC

$4.95



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory picture

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory

$149.99



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT picture

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT

$9.99