Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How to make default X enlightenment ????

  1. #1
    Javier Belanche
    Guest

    How to make default X enlightenment ????

    Hi,
    I 'm remastering Knoppix but I dont have any idea to resolve this question:
    - I like to desinstall KDE and I would like to put by default the Enlightenment ... so. I remove dKDE and install the enlight.. deb package. Okay... and, then,. I changed the default line appears in etc/X11/default-display for /usr/bin/enlightement but, doesnt work

    Any Help? Please

    Thanksssss

    Javier

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, California, USA
    Posts
    27

    Re: How to make default X enlightenment ????

    Quote Originally Posted by Javier Belanche
    Hi,
    I 'm remastering Knoppix but I dont have any idea to resolve this question:
    - I like to desinstall KDE and I would like to put by default the Enlightenment ...
    I ran into the same problem myself. I traced the xsession script through Xinit and still never had my changes take effect. Finally, I just tweaked /etc/init.d/xsession to start up my window manager after starting X.

    Knoppix also will accept boot parameters for a lot of popular window managers, although off the top of my head I don't know if enlightenment is one of them. Check the F2 options in your boot menu. If it is one of the boot options, just edit boot.img to pass the window manager parameter by default. You shouldn't have to modify anything else if there is a boot parameter.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2

    Are they available?

    Having seen that you guys succeeded in creating a KNOPPIX with enlightenment, are you making it available somewhere? i'd really like that... perhaps you know somewhere i can find something like that... thanks in advance

Similar Threads

  1. how do I make firefox my default browser?
    By helios17 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-24-2004, 11:44 PM
  2. How to make 1024 x 768 my default screen resolution?
    By meansbeans in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 07:21 PM
  3. how to make kernel 2.6.6 the default boot?
    By cronex2000 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 03:56 PM
  4. how to make kdm to load up at default when booting up?
    By DimGR in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-19-2004, 08:27 PM
  5. want to make gdm default login manager my own live cd
    By gmwest5 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-03-2004, 08:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.19



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID picture

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID

$24.43



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99