-
How to make default X enlightenment ????
Hi,
I 'm remastering Knoppix but I dont have any idea to resolve this question:
- I like to desinstall KDE and I would like to put by default the Enlightenment ... so. I remove dKDE and install the enlight.. deb package. Okay... and, then,. I changed the default line appears in etc/X11/default-display for /usr/bin/enlightement but, doesnt work
Any Help? Please
Thanksssss
Javier
-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: How to make default X enlightenment ????

Originally Posted by
Javier Belanche
Hi,
I 'm remastering Knoppix but I dont have any idea to resolve this question:
- I like to desinstall KDE and I would like to put by default the Enlightenment ...
I ran into the same problem myself. I traced the xsession script through Xinit and still never had my changes take effect. Finally, I just tweaked /etc/init.d/xsession to start up my window manager after starting X.
Knoppix also will accept boot parameters for a lot of popular window managers, although off the top of my head I don't know if enlightenment is one of them. Check the F2 options in your boot menu. If it is one of the boot options, just edit boot.img to pass the window manager parameter by default. You shouldn't have to modify anything else if there is a boot parameter.
-
Are they available?
Having seen that you guys succeeded in creating a KNOPPIX with enlightenment, are you making it available somewhere? i'd really like that... perhaps you know somewhere i can find something like that... thanks in advance
Similar Threads
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-24-2004, 11:44 PM
-
By meansbeans in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 07:21 PM
-
By cronex2000 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 03:56 PM
-
By DimGR in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-19-2004, 08:27 PM
-
By gmwest5 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-03-2004, 08:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$254.97