-
installing cable internet with 3com etherlink
Hi, i just installed Knoppix to my hd a few hours ago.. now im trying to get internet up & running. I am a complete Linux n00b so please be clear/simple in your answers 
I have 2 network cards in my pc. a Realtek RTL8139 PCI fast ethernet adapter for LAN use, while the 3com Etherlink XL PCI TPO NIC (3C900B-TPO) is used to connect to the internet (cable running from it straight to my cable modem)
First thing i tried was to run PPOEconf :
the program says i have 2 adapters: eth0 and eth1
i click OK & after some loading i get :
"Sorry I scanned 1 interface,but the Access contrentator of your provider did not respond. Please check your network and modem cables. Another reason for the scan failure may also be another running PPPoe process which controls the modem"
next thing i did was running netcardconfig:
I select either eth0 or eth1
It asks me if i want to use DHCP broadcast (i have no idea what that is)
yes-> the program stops
no -> It asks for :
-IP address for eth0/eth1
-network mask
-broadcast address
-default gateway
-nameservers
I have no idea what to fill in anywhere..
I'm also pretty sure i have to use a proxy server, so i configered that already in the controlcentre to "http://proxy.pandora.be:8080"
I hope u have enough info so i can get some help ?
Thx
Similar Threads
-
By Z038 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-27-2004, 07:36 AM
-
By emilia in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-28-2004, 02:10 AM
-
By kibkid in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 01:41 PM
-
By sepht in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-15-2003, 09:03 AM
-
By hpy7871 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 08:18 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, 4.5TB, (4) HDD, EXCELLENT COND.
$625.00

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50