Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: knoppix core error

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    istanbul
    Posts
    4

    knoppix core error

    hi i am from turkey and new linux user. Linux Core error Can not read config.in file.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    When do you get this error? When you are booting the Knoppix cd?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    istanbul
    Posts
    4
    no. knoppix install my harddisk.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    OK so you installed it- does it boot?

    What exactly is happening? You turn on the machine and then.........what? You gotta give us something to work with here.

    I personally have never seen this error so I have no idea what's going on. Were there errors during the installation process?

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
    OK so you installed it- does it boot?

    What exactly is happening? You turn on the machine and then.........what? You gotta give us something to work with here.

    I personally have never seen this error so I have no idea what's going on. Were there errors during the installation process?
    I think it has to do with the kernel configurator in KDE at least I pretty sure that's where I saw it when I was playing around and I also think there is a huge language barrier happening here.

    xf.7er you may want to post to the Turkish debian user mailing list at least I think I have the right list in the URL here is the page where I found the link it is at the bottom.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    istanbul
    Posts
    4
    thanks. rickenbacherus and Stephen.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    istanbul
    Posts
    4

    Error description (and learning english) :lol:

    hi again.

    Exactly my problem; I am install my hdd knoppix( 06.06.2003)3.2. Its open and close regularly. When i join to linux kernel in the control panel it refused and write that same as
    sorry Cant read config.in file, one error found
    and I cant change screen resulotion and refresh rate. because i changed resulotion and refresh rate after that reboot it. and login again change resulation 640x480 60hz.

    My hardware Asus CUSL2 i815, Asus 7100 geforce mx200 tv-out, Creative live 5.1, philips 107e....

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    The kernel configurator has never worked for me. I don't know if this is only specific to Knoppix or other distros as well as I don't use KDE on any other distro!

    To change your resolution permanently you need to edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 to include your resolutions. Here's an example:

    Code:
    EndSection
    
    Section "Screen"
            Identifier "Screen0"
            Device     "Card0"
            Monitor    "Monitor0"
            DefaultColorDepth 16
            SubSection "Display"
                    Depth     1
                    Modes "800x600" "640x480"
            EndSubSection
            SubSection "Display"
                    Depth     4
                    Modes "800x600" "640x480"
            EndSubSection
            SubSection "Display"
                    Depth     8
                    Modes "800x600" "640x480"
            EndSubSection
            SubSection "Display"
                    Depth     15
                    Modes "800x600" "640x480"
            EndSubSection
            SubSection "Display"
                    Depth     16
                    Modes "800x600" "640x480"
            EndSubSection
            SubSection "Display"
                    Depth     24
                    Modes "800x600" "640x480"
            EndSubSection
            SubSection "Display"
                    Depth     32
                    Modes "800x600" "640x480"
            EndSubSection
    EndSection
    
    Section "DRI"
            Mode 0666
    EndSection
    You can add or remove resolutions from this file as you see fit.

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Since you are using KDE you can go to Kmenu -> Settings -> Control Center -> Pheripherals -> XDisplay and set your resolution, screen depth and refresh rate there. Then you would logout and choose from the menu option on the KDE login screen Re-start Xserver to have the changes take effect or if you get a acceptable screen when you boot from the CD you could copy that file to the HD and use it.

    I assume since you are trying the kernel configurator you must want to compile the kernel if so compiling the kernel the Debian way.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 03:17 AM
  2. From what hd partition Knoppix core work faster???
    By alex52 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-27-2004, 12:41 AM
  3. compiling cloop on fedora core 2
    By scottsavarese in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-09-2004, 05:48 PM
  4. Xine error after doing a Upgrade, error posted. (resolved)
    By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 04:30 PM
  5. Partition-error (Table written but error while reading!!!)
    By Mad_Max_FX in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2003, 03:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.50



Lot Of (8) Mixed RAM Spacer DDR4 2666 Micron 2400T Samsung 2133P Desktop Server picture

Lot Of (8) Mixed RAM Spacer DDR4 2666 Micron 2400T Samsung 2133P Desktop Server

$880.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3 picture

32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3

$200.00



MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY picture

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY

$239.00



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



64 (32x2 GB) Memory for laptop Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.  picture

64 (32x2 GB) Memory for laptop Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.

$260.00