Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: ATI FireGL drivers

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6

    ATI FireGL drivers

    Hi everyone,

    This is my first post here so I'll try and make it a good one

    I did the HDD install the other day and I've been trying to compile the FireGL drivers for XFree86 4.3 (I really want to play Enemy Territory but I have a 9700 Pro). I've got as far as compiling the module itself, which appeared to go fine. However, when I try and execute the make_install.sh script that is provided I'm given the following console output:
    Code:
    - creating symlink
    - recreating module dependency list
    depmod: cannot read ELF header from /lib/modules/extra/build
    depmod: cannot read ELF header from /lib/modules/extra/kernel
    depmod: /lib/modules/extra/modules.dep is not an ELF file
    depmod: /lib/modules/extra/modules.generic_string is not an ELF file
    depmod: /lib/modules/extra/modules.ieee1394map is not an ELF file
    depmod: /lib/modules/extra/modules.isapnpmap is not an ELF file
    depmod: cannot read ELF header from /lib/modules/extra/modules.parportmap
    depmod: /lib/modules/extra/modules.pcimap is not an ELF file
    depmod: cannot read ELF header from /lib/modules/extra/modules.pnpbiosmap
    depmod: /lib/modules/extra/modules.usbmap is not an ELF file
    depmod: cannot read ELF header from /lib/modules/extra/net
    depmod: cannot read ELF header from /lib/modules/extra/pcmcia
    depmod: cannot read ELF header from /lib/modules/extra/usb
    failed.
    While I'm comfortable using the console and so on, this sort of output means nothing to me. Any of you self-styled gurus able to shed any light on this?

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6
    Come on folks... someone must have a 9700 with 3D support working?!?

    How did you do it?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    I don't use 3D but those errors happen every time no matter what you install and then update the modules, they happened when I installed the nvidia driver the driver worked fine however have you actually tested the driver to see if it worked?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6
    I haven't yet. I'll give that a go when I get home tonight. Thanks for the tip.

Similar Threads

  1. has anybody been able to set up ATI drivers?
    By DimGR in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-16-2004, 03:40 AM
  2. has anybody been able to set up ATI drivers?
    By DimGR in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2004, 06:27 AM
  3. How to update the drivers ?
    By cdfr in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-19-2004, 02:40 AM
  4. Drivers for ATI?
    By DimGR in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-23-2004, 01:33 PM
  5. Some more drivers
    By stonent in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-18-2004, 09:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch picture

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch

$115.00



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99