Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Error with useradd?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    96

    Error with useradd?

    Running latest version of Knoppix and want to setup another user on Knoppix, besides root and knoppix.

    I did useradd cmmiller. When checking under /home, I do not see anything for /cmmiller. But, if I try to login, I am told user does not exist, but if I try to create user again, I am told that user already exist.




  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    You need to use adduser user_name to get the /etc/skel files copied to a home directory with the user_name you are using the wrong command useradd just adds a user to the system and nothing else it won't even prompt for a password you have to do that manually as well. You will want to use the deluser command to remove the created user and then adduser for your new user.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    96
    Thanks for the help. That worked!

    And, thanks for all of your help with the other questions that I"ve asked. I've tried to send a PM to you, but keep getting 404 error.

    thanks

Similar Threads

  1. useradd dont works on remastered knoppix
    By geffrey in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 12:03 AM
  2. Creating New Users [useradd question}
    By solaris in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2004, 04:46 AM
  3. Xine error after doing a Upgrade, error posted. (resolved)
    By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 04:30 PM
  4. mkisofs error: end request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy...
    By labrador in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2003, 01:54 AM
  5. Partition-error (Table written but error while reading!!!)
    By Mad_Max_FX in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2003, 03:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare picture

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare

$179.00



Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board picture

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board

$24.99



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor picture

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor

$100.00



WICO Computer Command Apple II Analog Joystick Adaptor NOS 72-4525 picture

WICO Computer Command Apple II Analog Joystick Adaptor NOS 72-4525

$59.99



Rare Vintage CH Product Mach III Analog Joystick for Apple Mac picture

Rare Vintage CH Product Mach III Analog Joystick for Apple Mac

$35.00



VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A picture

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A

$22.67