-
Error with useradd?
Running latest version of Knoppix and want to setup another user on Knoppix, besides root and knoppix.
I did useradd cmmiller. When checking under /home, I do not see anything for /cmmiller. But, if I try to login, I am told user does not exist, but if I try to create user again, I am told that user already exist.
-
Senior Member
registered user
You need to use adduser user_name to get the /etc/skel files copied to a home directory with the user_name you are using the wrong command useradd just adds a user to the system and nothing else it won't even prompt for a password you have to do that manually as well. You will want to use the deluser command to remove the created user and then adduser for your new user.
-
Thanks for the help. That worked!
And, thanks for all of your help with the other questions that I"ve asked. I've tried to send a PM to you, but keep getting 404 error.
thanks
Similar Threads
-
By geffrey in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 12:03 AM
-
By solaris in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-28-2004, 04:46 AM
-
By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 17
Last Post: 01-20-2004, 04:30 PM
-
By labrador in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 01:54 AM
-
By Mad_Max_FX in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-22-2003, 03:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$59.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99