As an aside, I've also tested Knoppix STD 0.1b with Virtual PC 6 and got a boot failure; even tried to capture the iso (from CD and via network). Any ideas?
I'm not sure if anyone will find this all too interesting, but Knoppix 3.2 runs on a Powerbook G4 550MHz with 1024MB RAM running Virtual PC 6. The clock speed reported on the boot screen is 385MHz, which is ~70% of the G4's actual clock; I'm not sure if this is a percentage base or a standard speed that VPC6 assigns. The performance is wickedly sluggish, and Konqueror crashes frequently; I'm guessing it's because of the slow CD-ROM and the emulation factor.
Still, the fact that it runs is pretty cool (at least for Mac fans) and I'll post the progress I make with it on the Tibook, and also on a 800MHz eMac and a 667MHz Powerbook G4 with a native CD-ROM and a Firewire drive.
In case anyone wonders why I'm trying to run Knoppix on a Mac with VPC6: Why not? If anybody has any ideas on how to speed up Knoppix (besides knoppix 2 at boot), please send them along.
As an aside, I've also tested Knoppix STD 0.1b with Virtual PC 6 and got a boot failure; even tried to capture the iso (from CD and via network). Any ideas?
For some reason whenever X11 starts the video mode goes from 24bit *flash* 16bit *flash* 256 *flash* and continues only in 8bit colors. Is there a way to manually set color settings in Knoppix?

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
SK hynix 128GB (2x64GB) DDR5 ECC Registered RDIMM PC5-4800B 288-Pin
$4600.00
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$369.59
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39