Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: CD-ROM works great - USB mouse won't work for HDD install

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Guest

    CD-ROM works great - USB mouse won't work for HDD install

    I boot the Knoppix CD with no parameters and it works awesome. Did an HDD install and the mouse won't work. What gives? The light is on and I can't find any errors, but the pointer just sits in the middle of the screen.

    FYI, I had the same problem with Rehat and Mandrake. Why would the Knoppix CD work but the HDD not? Can I copy the config files from the CD setup to the HDD one? If so, which ones? The XF86Config-4 is exactly the same if I boot from CD or from the HDD... so the failure must be somewhere else.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    22

    Wish I knew

    My usb mouse works as well as my wacom tablet mouse(also usb). Mine also works in redhat both with no xtra configing. One suggestion: Is the devide /dev/usbmouse? or /dev/input/mice?

    I've found /dev/usbmouse worked with "vector" linux but not others and /dev/input/mice to work with knoppix

    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "USB Mouse"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
    Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    Option "Buttons" "5"
    EndSection

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2

    Help.....................

    I am Using Gnoppix................How do i get the USB mouse to work........................ I have basically copied Gnappix to hd using the cheat code tohd=hda1 and I am booting using the Loadlin method...............so is there any way to get the USB mouse to work!!?????? The USB Mouse doesn't work even if i Boot from the CD..........HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I mean........it detects it.......but mouse won't work!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2

    Help.....................

    I am Using Gnoppix................How do i get the USB mouse to work........................ I have basically copied Gnappix to hd using the cheat code tohd=hda1 and I am booting using the Loadlin method...............so is there any way to get the USB mouse to work!!?????? The USB Mouse doesn't work even if i Boot from the CD..........HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I mean........it detects it. cause the light glows.................but mouse won't work!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!

Similar Threads

  1. HDD Install great, Few general questions please?
    By jbrush in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-09-2003, 06:45 PM
  2. TVTime works GREAT where xawtv didnt BUT...
    By jpmierau in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2003, 07:30 PM
  3. USB mouse won't work on HD install
    By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2003, 09:04 AM
  4. how to make my Mouse Systems mouse work with knoppix?
    By clfest in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-30-2003, 01:59 AM
  5. Great install, German Keyboard?
    By GREGC in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-08-2003, 06:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage THE HOME MANAGER Atari 400,800/XL/XE on Disk NEW IN SEALED BOX picture

Vintage THE HOME MANAGER Atari 400,800/XL/XE on Disk NEW IN SEALED BOX

$850.00



Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly picture

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly

$18.95



Vintage 1984: Super Sketch G2300 For Atari Home Computer picture

Vintage 1984: Super Sketch G2300 For Atari Home Computer

$72.00



VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works picture

VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works

$148.75



Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED  picture

Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED

$67.76



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



VTG Atari 800XL Home Computer Retro System Console Untested Parts Repair Only picture

VTG Atari 800XL Home Computer Retro System Console Untested Parts Repair Only

$119.99



A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS picture

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS

$16.95



Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U picture

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U

$159.99



GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats picture

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats

$35.00