I have a A4Tech usb mouse that woks fine on the live cd. The problem is that when I installed knoppix it is no longer working. Cursor just stays stcuk in the middle of the screen.
Please help.
thanks!
I have a A4Tech usb mouse that woks fine on the live cd. The problem is that when I installed knoppix it is no longer working. Cursor just stays stcuk in the middle of the screen.
Please help.
thanks!
Bring up a terminal window (I think "cntrl-alt-t" will do it, if not, it's something similar to that like "cntrl-t" or "alt-t"). One you are in a terminal window try this command:
"modprobe usbmouse"
see if that doesn't get the mouse to work. Failing that, search the discussion areas on the Morphix website. I believe they discuss this problem in more detail.
If the above command does work, it means that the module isn't loaded. Going to have to reseach a little on what you do from there since I'm away from my references right now. However, you could boot with the CD again and print out its auto-generated XF86Config-4 file (located in /etc/X11). You can then compare this to what you have on the HD install. Also, try this command"
"apropos module"
With any luck, that should bring up a list of commands approprite to the word "module". You can then use the man pages to get more information.
It's possible your going to need to modify some module config files. Basically, you would modify your /etc/modules/aliases file then use the command "update-modules" to update your /etc/modules.conf file to include the usb mouse.
A final note - it's not a good idea to edit your /etc/modules.conf file directly. Make your edits to /etc/modules/aliases and use "update modules" instead.
Hope this helps,
Joe
Dear Joe,
I have finally made it work by just coppying the live cd xf86config-4.
Thanks.

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99
Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
HGST HUS726060ALE610 0F23001 6TB HDD 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K Hard Drive (V6315)
$69.95
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99
Seagate ST1000VM002 1TB 5900RPM 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s HDD | PC DVR CCTV | | 1Y
$55.95