Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Unable to connect to the Internet ADSL-nic

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2

    Unable to connect to the Internet ADSL-nic

    Hi guys,

    I am really do not know what more to do. I am not able to get a working connection to the Internet from my desktop. I run knoppix r3.2, booting nodhcp and dhcp each time. I configure my network interface card with all ip and gateways it´s needed. But it doesn´t work. With a lsmod I see the kernel module I need for my nic. If I try ifconfig eth0 up a message: "SIOCSIFFLAGS: Device or resource busy" appears. A ifconfig -a shows me eth0 as non-up. I see resolv.conf and the DNS´s are there. Ok, I think, the default gateway, so I type route add default gw (ip) and next message: "SIOCADDRT: Operation not allowed". Well, what appears in /etc/gateways? nothing. And /etc/network/interfaces looks nice.

    men, I need your help, I´ll loose my patient...

    Thanks a lot

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Have you tried the noapic cheat code.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2
    Thanks Stephen, I tried to boot with:

    knoppix noapic

    but the connection to the Internet doesn´t work yet.

    Any idea?

    Thanks in advance

Similar Threads

  1. Unable to connect to router with V3.9
    By lostinspace in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2005, 09:00 PM
  2. apt-get update unable to connect to ftp.de.debian.org
    By apessos in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 06:12 AM
  3. Unable to connect to the internet
    By raven in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-20-2004, 01:00 PM
  4. Unable to connect my cable modem
    By rajivvyas in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-30-2003, 11:01 PM
  5. Unable to connect to internet before and after hdinstall
    By cycopy in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-14-2003, 04:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives picture

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives

$59.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive picture

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive

$59.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$385.00



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99