-
apt-get Dependencies for kdevelop xlibs-pic
ok so I have googled till my eyes hurt. I have grepped every news grep I can find including this one still nothing. now the problem I was running kdevelop and it worked no need to set the --with-qt_blah_blah.... my project complied but then as if out of no where it stopped I was running a clean and configure when I got a error about the prefix does not have KDE headers given so I googled and was told that I need the prefix to the kde header files so I "locate kde|grep *.h$" nothing I found that I need kdelibs-dev for these files but they complain about xlibs-4 which complains about the xlibs but this time it complains that xlibs is to new if I try downgrading it I get a lot of this package will be removed including kdm ..... so what can I do reinstall or any ideas
thanks for your time
Mileto->Frank
-
I'm pretty confused, too... I had similar problems with different versions of qt and xlib, when trying to upgrade to KDE 3.1.2 (from 3.1.1; pretty silly, I know
. I wanted to get ksplashmanager (www.kdelook.org) to work, and though upgrading it would solve my problem). It didn't work at all (every single window seems to try to be as wide as possible, and no text in KDE
).
I had to reinstall Knoppix; closer inspection reveals that Kdevelop and koffice is up-to-date enough not to bother. What a mystery... I suspect that Knoppix's KDE++ was compiled using non-standard qt libraries. Caveat: I've only started using Linux two weeks ago, so my guess is probably off the mark.
Good luck, though. It's fun, but it's very tough.
-
O.K. just searched all my old posts and thought I should post answers to the ones I figured out .The answer to this is that with the knoppix setup you can not get the kdelibs and the xlib/xlibs4-pic to work together (oh btw the reason it was working was that I had been running kdevelop2 and then ran apt-get install some_package and had let apt remove kdelibs or something )
in the end copied all personal files needed and a re-installed and then installed Gideon from source (Gideon rocks IMHO this is the killer-app for kde)
Similar Threads
-
By MRA in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-09-2004, 03:48 AM
-
By permutations in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-01-2004, 10:21 PM
-
By Digital Killer in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-22-2003, 02:07 AM
-
By arashb in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-19-2003, 07:14 AM
-
By Spyder_Snyper in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-01-2003, 05:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98

AMD RYZEN 7 9800X3D 8-Core, 16-Thread Desktop Processor
$399.00

Intel Xeon E-2478 2.8Ghz 24MB Cache 8 Core FCLGA1700 Server Processor CPU SRMX7
$599.95

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00

HP EliteBook 840 G5 Laptop Intel Core i5 7200U 8GB RAM – No HDD
$64.00