Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: apt-get Dependencies for kdevelop xlibs-pic

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6

    apt-get Dependencies for kdevelop xlibs-pic

    ok so I have googled till my eyes hurt. I have grepped every news grep I can find including this one still nothing. now the problem I was running kdevelop and it worked no need to set the --with-qt_blah_blah.... my project complied but then as if out of no where it stopped I was running a clean and configure when I got a error about the prefix does not have KDE headers given so I googled and was told that I need the prefix to the kde header files so I "locate kde|grep *.h$" nothing I found that I need kdelibs-dev for these files but they complain about xlibs-4 which complains about the xlibs but this time it complains that xlibs is to new if I try downgrading it I get a lot of this package will be removed including kdm ..... so what can I do reinstall or any ideas
    thanks for your time
    Mileto->Frank

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4
    I'm pretty confused, too... I had similar problems with different versions of qt and xlib, when trying to upgrade to KDE 3.1.2 (from 3.1.1; pretty silly, I know . I wanted to get ksplashmanager (www.kdelook.org) to work, and though upgrading it would solve my problem). It didn't work at all (every single window seems to try to be as wide as possible, and no text in KDE ).

    I had to reinstall Knoppix; closer inspection reveals that Kdevelop and koffice is up-to-date enough not to bother. What a mystery... I suspect that Knoppix's KDE++ was compiled using non-standard qt libraries. Caveat: I've only started using Linux two weeks ago, so my guess is probably off the mark.

    Good luck, though. It's fun, but it's very tough.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6
    O.K. just searched all my old posts and thought I should post answers to the ones I figured out .The answer to this is that with the knoppix setup you can not get the kdelibs and the xlib/xlibs4-pic to work together (oh btw the reason it was working was that I had been running kdevelop2 and then ran apt-get install some_package and had let apt remove kdelibs or something )
    in the end copied all personal files needed and a re-installed and then installed Gideon from source (Gideon rocks IMHO this is the killer-app for kde)

Similar Threads

  1. Kdevelop
    By MRA in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2004, 03:48 AM
  2. need KDevelop help!!!!
    By permutations in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-01-2004, 10:21 PM
  3. Problem with xlibs-pic package while installing QT3 Dev Libs
    By Digital Killer in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-22-2003, 02:07 AM
  4. Xlibs-pic
    By arashb in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-19-2003, 07:14 AM
  5. KDE with KDevelop
    By Spyder_Snyper in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2003, 05:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162) picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)

$36.99



SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives picture

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives

$59.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$282.00



Full Version MS Office Professional Plus 2021 - 64-Bit Flash USB Drive Install picture

Full Version MS Office Professional Plus 2021 - 64-Bit Flash USB Drive Install

$59.99



Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick

$165.90