knoppix should have mnade a hard drive shorcut.... in there you jsut navigate as you would had you opend your "drive c" in "my computer"
How do I get to my Windows "Program Files" folder? I wanted to try to see if some of these programs would run under Wine.
Of primary importance to me is my NetZero dialup account. I can't get onto the internet without it. NetZero uses its own proprietary dialer. I'm anxious to try out Mozilla under Knoppix, but can't get anywhere without internet access. NetZero does not have a Linux version. They do have a Mac OSX version - would that work (since OSX is based on BSD)?
knoppix should have mnade a hard drive shorcut.... in there you jsut navigate as you would had you opend your "drive c" in "my computer"
Yeah, I have an hda1 and an hdb1 on my knoppix desktop (I have two physical hard drives). But it appears that many of the folders within them are suppressed or hidden. Correlatively, there appear to be folders that Knoppix shows to exist, but which do not show up in Windows XP (e.g., a Linux folder). Thus, when I'm in Knoppix, there is neither a Program Files folder nor a Documents and Settings folder. So, I can't get to my defined Windows user desktop to try the shortcuts there, nor to my Start menu, nor to the executables in the Program Files folders themselves.
Like I said, it's primarily a problem for the NetZero dialer. I guess it stands to reason that if I'm too cheap to pay for an OS that I'm too cheap to pay an ISP either.
BTW, I booted Knoppix at work and found the folders (Programs Files and Documents and Settings/username/desktop) on my work computer, but I could not find the program files or shortcuts within.
***************
OK, I found part of the problem. My computer is an HP Pavilion with WinXP. It was set at the factory to have a FAT32 recovery partition (D) in the primary drive. The main partition of my primary drive (C) is in NTFS. My second physical HDD is drive G: (E: and F: are CD drives). Both C: and G: are formatted in NTFS, while D: (the recovery partition) is formatted in FAT32. Apparently, Knoppix is seeing D: (the FAT32 drive) as hda1, and G: as hda2. It isnt seeing the NTFS portion of my first drive, which is where the missing folders are stored. Am I on the right track? Any ideas? wisdom?
![]()

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
A-Tech 64GB 2x 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-19200R DDR4 2400MHz ECC REG RDIMM Server Memory RAM
$389.99
MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99
50x RAM Box Tray DDR2 DDR3 DDR4 DDR5 ESD DIMM Memory Shipping Storage Transport
$9.99
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
6x Kingston KSM24SES8/8ME 8GB ECC + 3x DDR4 SO-DIMM RAM Lot
$222.00
Wintec 32GB (2 X 16GB) & 64GB (4 X 16GB) DDR3 1333MHz PC3-10600R Reg ECC
$89.99