Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Replacing openoffice-de-en with openoffice.org

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    12

    Replacing openoffice-de-en with openoffice.org

    Hi,
    I am wondering if anyone has successfully remastered knoppix with the more common "openoffice.org" package instead of "openoffice-de-en". My reason for trying to remaster with "openoffice.org" is that "openoffice-de-en" doesn't seem to work with L10n (localisation) language packages. (I would be very happy if someone proved me wrong!).

    Simply removing "openoffice-de-en" and installing "openoffice.org" is insufficient. On the remastered CD, openoffice crashes before it even finishes to load. There has to be a trick somewhere...

    I really appreciate any advice!
    Thank you,
    Jake

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    1

    Re: Replacing openoffice-de-en with openoffice.org

    Quote Originally Posted by jake5m
    Simply removing "openoffice-de-en" and installing "openoffice.org" is insufficient. On the remastered CD, openoffice crashes before it even finishes to load. There has to be a trick somewhere...
    Hi Jake,
    I've been trying to do the same thing with a brazilian distro based on Knoppix (Kurumin). Unfortunatelly with NO success so far...

    By the way, I'm having the same kind of problem trying to install Netscape pt-br on the remasterized ISO. It installs fine, but when I burn the CD and try to start netscape or oo, they simply crash...

    Sorry to post without a solution , I'm doing this just to show there are other people with the same problem.
    If somebody knows where we are making a mistake, please help.

    Thank you,
    Jose Luis

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    12
    After several weeks of trying, I haven’t been able to install “openoffice.org” on a remastered CD. I tried pretty much every approach I could think of. This is a serious blow in my attempt to translate Knoppix into another language (French, in my case), since Openoffice is probably the most useful application on the CD.

    I think my only hope now is that, when Knoppix eventually includes Openoffice 1.1 , it will include the “normal” version of the program rather than a modified version which isn’t compatible.

    Does anyone know when Knoppix will include Openoffice 1.1 ? The current beta of 1.1 is already just as stable as Openoffice 1.0.x … and is much faster too.

    Thanks!

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by jake5m
    After several weeks of trying, I haven’t been able to install “openoffice.org” on a remastered CD. I tried pretty much every approach I could think of. This is a serious blow in my attempt to translate Knoppix into another language (French, in my case), since Openoffice is probably the most useful application on the CD.

    I think my only hope now is that, when Knoppix eventually includes Openoffice 1.1 , it will include the “normal” version of the program rather than a modified version which isn’t compatible.

    Does anyone know when Knoppix will include Openoffice 1.1 ? The current beta of 1.1 is already just as stable as Openoffice 1.0.x … and is much faster too.

    Thanks!
    You may want to take a look at Knoppix Mib it's a French distro and if my reading of French isn't too poor I believe on this page it says that OpenOffice is in French and English versions plus I believe it says that it supports Canadian French also.

Similar Threads

  1. OpenOffice 2
    By drb in forum Klik
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-28-2005, 04:24 PM
  2. [OK]what is openoffice-de-en
    By ebdomino in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-04-2003, 10:49 AM
  3. How to remove OpenOffice using apt-get?
    By Blue in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-23-2003, 07:18 PM
  4. Broken OpenOffice
    By Tortoise in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2003, 02:43 AM
  5. OpenOffice
    By Henk Poley in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2003, 10:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI picture

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI

$289.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



�Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)� picture

�Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)�

$29.90



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



ASRock B760M-ITX D4 WIFI LGA1700 12th/13th/14th Gen DDR4 mITX M.2 USB-C DDR4 picture

ASRock B760M-ITX D4 WIFI LGA1700 12th/13th/14th Gen DDR4 mITX M.2 USB-C DDR4

$189.99