-
Senior Member
registered user
I'm going to go slightly OT as this is one I am currently going around with...
I would *like* to get something like firestarter working from CD so that I could use Knoppix as a firewall machine. I don't know enough about iptables to make my own, but I'm looking into doing that.
More to the OP though, you're fine if you're sitting behind a well secured firewall. That *should* be taking care of you.
However, if you're not behind a firewall (for instance if the knoppix boxen has two nics and is the first device on your dsl router) in my opinion there would be some risk in that if you get hacked your local drives are on the machine (W2K r/o partitions, FAT r/w partions). Also, since I'm REALLY paranoid I would also say there is a risk that an individual could exploit your connection to gain access to other computers or devices on your network.
Any body know of any scripts (like the old pmfirewall script for the old ipchains) that would be able to this for iptables?
~paul
Similar Threads
-
By rubic_cube in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-31-2005, 04:38 PM
-
By swazi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-11-2004, 04:42 PM
-
By ZeuZ in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 12:50 AM
-
By eco2geek in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-27-2004, 08:22 PM
-
By dugstratton in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-14-2004, 01:20 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00