-
I'm at work, so I didn't bring my pcmcia and external usb stuff... so I don't know if this'll work, but it looks promising.
I had a squiz at linux-usb.org/usb2.html, and it says that before the 2.5.something kernels, you had ("have") to manually remove certain modules in order for the shutdown to effectuate cleanly. I can't try this until this evening or maybe this weekend, but it says to do this - as root, of course -
rmmod ehci-hcd
rmmod ohci-hcd
(then shutdown)
Or you can upgrade to something past 2.5.29. Maybe you could remove other modules related to usb, like usb-uhci or even usbcore. Heck, i'd try it.
I'll look forward to trying it out myself..
dana
Similar Threads
-
By langer in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 08:36 AM
-
By mpunekar in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 05:46 AM
-
By endersshadow001 in forum Laptops
Replies: 16
Last Post: 03-03-2004, 05:29 AM
-
By gonefishing in forum Laptops
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-12-2003, 06:18 AM
-
By gonefishing in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 08:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge R740xd Dual Intel Silver 4116 @2.1GHz 32GB HBA330 24Bay Server
$525.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

USED Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 BAREBONES Server NO RAM HDD or CPU, 2x 750w PSU 🚚
$170.00

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00

Dell PowerEdge R640 1U 8SFF Server Barebones 2x Gold 5120 64GB H330 2x 750w
$538.88

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95