-
Senior Member
registered user
"Johnny Linuxseed"
Im not sure if those of you outside the U.S. are familiar with this true story:
"In the early part of the 19th century, Johnny Appleseed created apple orchards in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Pennsylvania and Ohio over a 49-year period. After 200 years, some of those trees still bear apples."
I'm after a "fruit" of a different kind. I have been making Knoppix discs from current distributions for a while. Some of these I sell for a nominal charge (I'm out of work -- it helps!) -- but some of them I give away to those who I think may find them a useful introduction to Linux.
I think this is a useful "seeding" project; many of us have CD burners and can get discs fairly cheaply. Even if it's only used as a Windows rescue disc, it's still worthwhile -- and some of the the recipients may go on to learn more and pass copies on themselves. In my opinion, it doesn't take a large number of discs to make an impact. I would like to see your thoughts on this subject.
Similar Threads
-
By tmp000 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 25
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 05:29 AM
-
By ix86i in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 12:16 PM
-
By oreo in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

SK HYNIX 32GB 2RX4 PC4 2666V ECC SERVER RAM
$199.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Lot Of 4 Samsung 32GB Server 2RX4 PC4-2133P-RA0-10 Server RAM
$560.00

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98