-
Slow connection speeds
I have just purchased a new PC system and am having internet connection problems. On my old system the modem was a 56k V90 modem and I always achieved connections of at least 49kbs or 50kbs. My new modem is an Intel 536EP modem and for most of the time it only connects at either 31kbs or 33kbs even in off peak times.
I have tried all the usual tweaks in control panel (Windows XP) such as altering the transmission and receive rates but to no avail. I know my telephone line is OK and I still use the same sevice provider ( Freeserve Anytime).
Just wondering if there's anyone out there who were having similar problems and have found a fix.[/b]
-
Senior Member
registered user
Since I see no mention of Linux in your post I am wondering if you're booting the Knoppix Linux disc?
If you have windows questions I would imagine that you'd have better luck in a windows forum no? Who knows............
Similar Threads
-
By tp671 in forum Networking
Replies: 8
Last Post: 05-07-2005, 08:15 PM
-
By wuya in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-29-2005, 08:23 PM
-
By MillTek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-25-2004, 08:13 PM
-
By CaffeineGamer in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 06:14 PM
-
By gonzalu in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-17-2003, 11:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Hynix 16GB PC4-2933Y 288pin DDR4 SDRAM ECC Reg Server Memory HMA82GR7JJR8N-WM
$79.95

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Micron 32GB MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2E7 RAM 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA ECC REG Memory
$249.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

Lenovo 2TB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Metal Drive Flash Memory Stick Data Storage.
$3.99

Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC
$370.00