Quote Originally Posted by akira28
Hi rick.
I finished editing /etc/network/interfaces without success. The "Operation failed" again.

Here is what the file looks like:

# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(, ifdown(

# The loopback interface
# automatically added when upgrading
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
up /sbin/ifconfig eth0 mtu 1412

ifconfig is now:



ppp0 Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol
POINTOPOINT NOARP MULTICAST MTU:1492 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:3
RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

ppp1 Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol
POINTOPOINT NOARP MULTICAST MTU:1492 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:3
RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)



sis900 12428 1


Signed-
Nuts
The module is loaded and in use now try 1492 for the mtu in the line:
Code:
up /sbin/ifconfig eth0 mtu 1412
you can see that is what is trying to use in the ppp0 and ppp1 although you have two interfaces I don't think this normal but I'm not positive I have never configured PPPoE. If you still have the two interfaces and it doesn't work use ifdown ppp? just take one down then the other to try a different combination to try to get it to work.

[edit]
Also if you did not have the lines:

Code:
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
already in the file then you may want to try commenting out the up line bringing up the interface with the mtu settings that may be causing the second ppp interface.
[/edit]