-
Senior Member
registered user
Since Fabian Franz has done work on a Mac edition and has also authored the new installer, perhaps we will see a install for Mac sometime in the future.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I can say for sure at this time there is no easy way to istall the Knoppix Mib ppc onto the hard drive, I have tried for close to a month.
I saw a post on a manual install, but I have not found it again and wonder if it is possible, and this is with a linux partitioned drive in the imac.
But I will keep trying
-
Hi !
I've burned knoppix MiB ppc alpha2e with k3b and the cd works properly (It boot on an I book)...
-
Junior Member
registered user
Wich version of k3b? I tried with 0.8.3 without success.
I will try the 0.9.2 soon.
-
Re !
K3b v 0.8.1
Don't forget that k3b is just a frontend: it depends of cdrdao, cdrcord, mkisofs...
-
Junior Member
registered user
You are right
But gcombust is a frontend too, and where k3b failed to burn my iso, gcombust do.
Did you pass something (options) special to k3b?
-
Junior Member
registered user
Did you use a k3b on a PC or on a Mac?
I have some big problems with k3b 0.9.2 on my pmac.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Try this out to get k3b working.
-
Re !
I usually use K3B from knoppix 3.1 and 3.2 (06/06/2003) with no parameters and no config...
Wich version of knoppix do you use ?
It seems that some users have problem with K3B with newer version of knoppix than 06/06/2003 (seen at forum of www.knoppixfr.org)
I just be able to tell you different version of my different program:
In options menu of K3B Programs:
/usr/bin/cdrdao 1.1.7 overburn, multisession, suidroot
/usr/bin/cdrecord 2.01a14 gracetime, overburn, cdtext, suidroot
/usr/bin/mkisofs 2.01a12 udf, dvd-video, joliet-long
-
Senior Member
registered user
Well actually I don't use k3b or xcdroast or any of the other gui's. cdrecord from the CLI is much faster than any gui ever thought about being and you don't need to configure anything either. 
I checked out your link but as I don't speak a bit of French it doesn't mean alot to me. sorry...
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99