Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 99

Thread: Knoppix on Mac

  1. #21
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Since Fabian Franz has done work on a Mac edition and has also authored the new installer, perhaps we will see a install for Mac sometime in the future.

  2. #22
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    22
    I can say for sure at this time there is no easy way to istall the Knoppix Mib ppc onto the hard drive, I have tried for close to a month.
    I saw a post on a manual install, but I have not found it again and wonder if it is possible, and this is with a linux partitioned drive in the imac.
    But I will keep trying

  3. #23
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Normandie (France)
    Posts
    31
    Hi !

    I've burned knoppix MiB ppc alpha2e with k3b and the cd works properly (It boot on an I book)...


  4. #24
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    15
    Wich version of k3b? I tried with 0.8.3 without success.
    I will try the 0.9.2 soon.

  5. #25
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Normandie (France)
    Posts
    31
    Re !

    K3b v 0.8.1

    Don't forget that k3b is just a frontend: it depends of cdrdao, cdrcord, mkisofs...

  6. #26
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    15
    You are right
    But gcombust is a frontend too, and where k3b failed to burn my iso, gcombust do.

    Did you pass something (options) special to k3b?

  7. #27
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    15
    Did you use a k3b on a PC or on a Mac?
    I have some big problems with k3b 0.9.2 on my pmac.

  8. #28
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Try this out to get k3b working.

  9. #29
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Normandie (France)
    Posts
    31
    Re !

    I usually use K3B from knoppix 3.1 and 3.2 (06/06/2003) with no parameters and no config...

    Wich version of knoppix do you use ?

    It seems that some users have problem with K3B with newer version of knoppix than 06/06/2003 (seen at forum of www.knoppixfr.org)

    I just be able to tell you different version of my different program:

    In options menu of K3B Programs:
    /usr/bin/cdrdao 1.1.7 overburn, multisession, suidroot
    /usr/bin/cdrecord 2.01a14 gracetime, overburn, cdtext, suidroot
    /usr/bin/mkisofs 2.01a12 udf, dvd-video, joliet-long

  10. #30
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Well actually I don't use k3b or xcdroast or any of the other gui's. cdrecord from the CLI is much faster than any gui ever thought about being and you don't need to configure anything either.

    I checked out your link but as I don't speak a bit of French it doesn't mean alot to me. sorry...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 32 Samsung 32GB 4Rx4 PC3L-12800L ECC RAM CN M386B4G70DM0-YK04 1736 picture

Lot of 32 Samsung 32GB 4Rx4 PC3L-12800L ECC RAM CN M386B4G70DM0-YK04 1736

$1000.00



Dell 32GB 2Rx8 DDR5 ECC UDIMM 5600 MT/s picture

Dell 32GB 2Rx8 DDR5 ECC UDIMM 5600 MT/s

$1199.99



Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC picture

Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC

$370.00



RDIMM MICRON  DDR5 SERVER MEMORY 1x16 Sticks  5600 RAM picture

RDIMM MICRON DDR5 SERVER MEMORY 1x16 Sticks 5600 RAM

$449.00



160 GB MICRON (5X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y DDR4 SERVER MEMORY MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 picture

160 GB MICRON (5X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y DDR4 SERVER MEMORY MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2

$1150.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Hynix 16GB PC4-2933Y 288pin DDR4 SDRAM ECC Reg Server Memory HMA82GR7JJR8N-WM picture

Hynix 16GB PC4-2933Y 288pin DDR4 SDRAM ECC Reg Server Memory HMA82GR7JJR8N-WM

$79.95



OWC 32GB DDR4 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933 288-Pin ECC RDIMM RAM picture

OWC 32GB DDR4 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933 288-Pin ECC RDIMM RAM

$200.00