Hi,
I am using Koppix with the "home=/dev/hda4" Parameter. I changed a lot of stuff and everything works great. Only one thing made me "gone wild":
The home partition is always mounted with option "nodev"!
So when I tried to chroot to the KNOPPIX directory in my home, I am getting lots of Error messages, because the device /dev/null cannot be accessed.
The solution is really simple for me.
1) It is really simple to remount the device:
mount -o remount,dev /dev/hda4 /mnt/hda4
2) I am using chroot /mnt/hda4/blablabla instead of /home/knoppix/blablabla! (Because the mount of /mnt/hda4 to /home/knoppix prevents the devices to work, too!)
Maybe this helps other too. And maybe somebody wants to add that to the remastering howto.
With kind regards,
Konrad

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor
$249.99
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99