Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Forum Still Working?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA
    Posts
    40

    Forum Still Working?

    Is it just me or is the forum acting differently for everyone? I just switched computers a couple days ago and ever since then i no longer automagically login. Not only that but the style for the forum that i chose is different than the default and this alteration does not stivk. What I mean by this is, when i first login my style is the way I want it, but when I click on a post the style switches to the default for the forum. Also, my ability to click on the black arrow and orange paper sheet icon to the left of topics with new posts no longer functions.

    I am using Windows XP as knoppix does not work on my new computer . And I disabled all restrictions on cookies (All cookies are allowed). Any ideas or questions?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Forum Still Working?

    Quote Originally Posted by Duffin444
    Also, my ability to click on the black arrow and orange paper sheet icon to the left of topics with new posts no longer functions.

    I am using Windows XP as knoppix does not work on my new computer . And I disabled all restrictions on cookies (All cookies are allowed). Any ideas or questions?
    I did notice some strange behavior with the view post since last visit (it just would not work which was to say the least annoying) if that's what you mean but it seems to be working now. The cookies that are set still are working and log me in as to the style I use the sub-silver and has not changed either worked fine throughout the problem with the view posts.

    Have you went into your profile to make sure nothing has changed there?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    The only supported style is the default ( fiplain ), if you use others, good luck!

    The automatically login option is set automatically, i.e. it's enabled for everyone, and the view posts since last visit seems to always work for me.

    Logout, delete all cookies, clear your cache, and try again.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA
    Posts
    40
    I have included a screenshot of a fresh install of XP. Sorry to be using XP (I know it's tragic). I still am having issues using the form. If anybody else is having this very odd symptom please let me know! Any ideas are very welcome and very needed. I have circled everything of interest on the screenshot.

    I circled:

    1) The fact that my security level is medium (Same as other working computer)
    2) The fact that there is no checkbox for saving the login credentials
    3)That my internet settings are default
    4)There are no saved cookies in my folder.


    http://duffin4441.tripod.com/screenshot.jpg

    Just as a follow-up...this is a forum that I implimented for a school. It does not display the same problems, as is evident by the appearance of the "Log me on automatically each visit" checkbox. Any Help?

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Hi, thanks for the screenshot..

    The "Log me in automatically" box is not supposed to be there as it is now a hidden field and always "checked".

    Your problem may be that the cookies are from www.knoppix.net, but you are going to knoppix.net.

    Try using www.knoppix.net instead of knoppix.net and see if that helps.

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA
    Posts
    40
    This worked!! If one uses www.knoppix.net instead of just knoppix.net the forum works a thousand times better. Thank you so much for your suggestions.

Similar Threads

  1. No other Forum to put this...
    By Cuddles in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2026, 11:35 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-06-2004, 08:47 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 10:48 AM
  4. Forum name
    By Snow in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-01-2004, 04:38 PM
  5. Sound working / not working on Knoppix 3.2
    By Tortoise in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-04-2003, 03:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM 43W0331 System x3550 Server Board LGA771 DDR2 16 DIMM RJ-45 picture

IBM 43W0331 System x3550 Server Board LGA771 DDR2 16 DIMM RJ-45

$49.00



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A picture

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A

$1731.00



IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive

$200.00



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 ) picture

IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )

$24.99