I have successfully install Knoppix on my HDD.
And now I want to reconfigure my IP address for my LAN Card.
What instruction on linux to configure my IP Address ?
Thanks.
Susanto W
I have successfully install Knoppix on my HDD.
And now I want to reconfigure my IP address for my LAN Card.
What instruction on linux to configure my IP Address ?
Thanks.
Susanto W
Did you do netcardconfig as root?
How do you connect to the internet?
Thank you for your answer, your code works fine.
When Knoppix starting-up, it has DHCP works automatically so my PC get a IP from DHCP server that use WinGate.
For your information, my PC has 2 way to access internet,
1. Using IP that receive from DHCP server on Wingate or
2. Using static IP address that directly access to main router.
Susanto W
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Net-HOWTO/x208.html
is the faq I used to set up networking manually on my machine
the only deviation i noticed was that to restart networking you use
/etc/init.d/newroking (followed by star, stop, or restart)
the page explains about ifconfig, route add, /etc/hosts, /etc/resolv.conf as well as other useful topics.
hey if *I* could read through those pages and get the hang of it it can;t eb that hard.
They also have a section on DHP which you said you also run. I haven't played around much with DHCP but check out this section, it might be useful:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Net-HOWTO/c1433.html

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600
$239.99
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00
Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise HDD (V6313)
$61.56
New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99