Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Cannot connect my Canon Powershot S30 (Camera)

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    France / Finland
    Posts
    61

    Cannot connect my Canon Powershot S30 (Camera)

    Hello,

    I have a Canon Powershot S30, I added it in the place where you can add the camera (don't remember the exact name).
    But when I plug my Camera to the Laptop, nothing happens. And if I go back to the place where I added the Camera, and I click on the Test button...
    The test fails...
    Is there something special to do to connect a camera? Is there something to look at the USB config (if yes, where)? and is there a device to mount (like for the hard-drive)?

    Any help will be welcome. I really hope to find a way to solve this problem!
    Thxs
    Coume

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    France / Finland
    Posts
    61
    Hmm I found that code in another thread:
    Code:
    none /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults 0 0
    It seems it could be my answer but where to I ave to add it??
    Is it in the same boot file that the one, where you have to add the partition?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Coume
    Hmm I found that code in another thread:
    Code:
    none /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults 0 0
    It seems it could be my answer but where to I ave to add it??
    Is it in the same boot file that the one, where you have to add the partition?
    If by the boot file you mean the file /etc/fstab the answer is yes this is the file you would put the line into.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    France / Finland
    Posts
    61
    Great!
    Thank you!
    Does it mean that an USB-key memory or hard-drive will be detected immediately too?

    But in this code, why there is "none" that was the thing schocking me in the code... Does it have a meaning?

    Thank You!!
    Ludo

Similar Threads

  1. How to install a USB Digital Camera?
    By tweety77 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 03:59 PM
  2. Program to pull Images off a Canon Powershot A75 (usb) ?
    By OtterToast in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-26-2005, 04:59 AM
  3. Easier way to use a camera in linux?
    By ZeroKun in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 01:29 PM
  4. Knoppix 3.4 and Canon Powershot A70 problem
    By dmpop in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-25-2004, 03:45 PM
  5. USB Digital Camera
    By wikes82 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2003, 10:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.72