-
DELL SX270 hardware
We just bought 59 new DELL ultra small computers for our school's PClab. We had tested the old SX260 and it ran smoothly. On these new SX270 the hardware seem slightly different: can't get more than 640x480 in my X and soundcard is not detected by Knoppix. Here's my lspci -v output:
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 2570 (rev 02)
Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 0151
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
Memory at f8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
Capabilities: [e4] #09 [0106]
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 2572 (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 0151
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
Memory at f0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
Memory at feb80000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
I/O ports at ed98 [size=8]
Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 1
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 24d2 (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 0151
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
I/O ports at ff80 [size=32]
00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 24d7 (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 0151
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18
I/O ports at ff40 [size=32]
00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 24de (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 0151
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
I/O ports at ff20 [size=32]
00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 24dd (rev 02) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 0151
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 23
Memory at ffa80800 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
Capabilities: [58] #0a [20a0]
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82801BA/CA/DB PCI Bridge (rev c2) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=32
I/O behind bridge: 0000d000-0000dfff
Memory behind bridge: fea00000-feafffff
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 24d0 (rev 02)
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0
00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 24db (rev 02) (prog-if 8a [Master SecP PriP])
Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 0151
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18
I/O ports at 01f0 [size=8]
I/O ports at 03f4
I/O ports at 0170 [size=8]
I/O ports at 0374
I/O ports at ffa0 [size=16]
Memory at feb7fc00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 24d3 (rev 02)
Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 0151
Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 17
I/O ports at eda0 [size=32]
00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 24d5 (rev 02)
Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 0151
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 17
I/O ports at ee00 [size=256]
I/O ports at edc0 [size=64]
Memory at feb7fa00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]
Memory at feb7f900 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
01:0c.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corp. 82540EM Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 02)
Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 0151
Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 18
Memory at feae0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
I/O ports at df40 [size=64]
Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2
Capabilities: [e4] PCI-X non-bridge device.
Capabilities: [f0] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable-
It would be great to be able to run Knoppix on these machines by the start of the new academic year in september.
greetings,
Wouter Mignon
System Administrator
KHLeuven dept. Rega
BELGIUM
Similar Threads
-
By RJDavison in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-01-2004, 01:19 PM
-
By mentalalien2002 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-25-2004, 12:10 PM
-
By Danmak in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-01-2003, 03:40 AM
-
By nitrousracer2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-23-2003, 11:45 AM
-
By AdamTruth in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-25-2003, 03:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP EliteBook 830 G8 Core I7-1185G7 3.00GHz Laptop 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD
$250.00

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

Microsoft Surface Pro 5 Silver 128GB SSD 4gb RAM
$97.97

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

HP Envy X360 15t-w100 Core [email protected] 8GB 256GB SSD Win11Hm Nvidia GeForce
$170.00