-
[Newbie] ACPI - Install method step-by-step????
Hello,
I finally manage to get a linux distro working on my compaq 725EA... Thanks to Knoppix 
I tried to find a step-by-step install to patch my kernell to manage the ACPI, but I did not suceed... And I reckon, I do not understand much, when people just say... You just have to patch it then rebuild it...
I'm a real newbie, but I'd love to have my laptop without this Airplane noise done by the FAN
eheh
Anyone could explain step-by-step the method or give me a link where it is explained if it exists already???
Thanks in advance
Coume
-
Junior Member
registered user
acpi worked for me
read at http://rzr.online.fr/linux.htm
but dont know how to optimise dsdt ....anyone here ?
Similar Threads
-
By Antoine in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 02:26 PM
-
By Rod F. in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-02-2004, 04:04 AM
-
By hnash53 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 02:33 PM
-
By Craig Caughlin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-14-2003, 08:10 PM
-
By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-30-2003, 11:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$166.49

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

HP EliteBook 850 G6 15.6" Core i5-8265U 1.60GHz 8GB RAM AMD Lexa GPU PWR Adapter
$120.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99

Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99