-
Senior Member
registered user
How to set new user to be like default Knoppix user?
I know this is a recurring question but I did a search here and was not able to find a straight answer.
I did 'adduser' and after doing so was not able to connect to the internet without doing some tweaks to the dialup connection. After that, when I tried using konqueror was not able to go to sites because of 'host unknown'errors.
All this problems did not happen with the default "knoppix" user.
I already tried changing the groups (saw this suggestion in another howto) and made it the same as the groups of 'knoppix' but this did not solve the problem.
BY THE WAY, this is not my first HD install but a new one. My first was using 20030528 knoppix. Is this an issue with 0606 version?
For those who were successful in 'adduser' please post the steps you did. Perhaps I made a mistake somewhere.
thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By zspecfenix17 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 05:58 PM
-
By Sago7 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-04-2004, 04:09 PM
-
By SunnyB in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-09-2004, 02:02 PM
-
By wk in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-11-2003, 11:13 PM
-
By bigdaddy in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-23-2003, 01:55 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

Commodore Amiga 1010 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive 880K WORKS GREAT
$179.00

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00

ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks
$199.00

OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT
$329.95