Do you have sound at all (for example, when KDE starts up)?
If not, it may be because you haven't run /etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig as root. There's a thread here that has a wee bit more information (5th post down).
How can I enable sound on Frozen-Bubble game?
The 'sound' button does not work.
Thanks.
Do you have sound at all (for example, when KDE starts up)?
If not, it may be because you haven't run /etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig as root. There's a thread here that has a wee bit more information (5th post down).
Yes I have sound,in fact I enabled sound whenever any application starts. Also tried mp3 files and all worked ok.
The main reason why I asked this is that frozen -bubble sounds worked ok when I use the live CD.
Note that I have revised my question. Ijust found out that the game works ok in fluxbox.
Still no sound in KDE.
Try ' lsof |grep dsp ' and see who's holding the sound device. Usually it's arts: ' killall arts ' or ' killall artsd '.
Originally Posted by bongski55
Thanks Dave,that did it!![]()

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$75.00
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99