-
Stuck with Logitech PS/2 Wheelmouse : still does not work
Hello all,
I have Knoppix hd-installed on a seperate standalone vmware machine.
It all works fine, except I can't make my wheelmouse work properly : ie. can not make use of the wheel.
I've looked around at the docs, faqs and forum entries on this subject and applied them but invain.
This what I have :
- Hardware :
Logitech M-BJ69 Optical Wheelmouse
This mous has 2 buttons and the wheel between them
I make use of the PS/2 connection
- These are the updates done to the configuration files :
----------------start of data --------------------------------
a- update /etc/lilo.conf file ( 1 line ):
append="hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi apm=power-off nomce wheelmouse"
b- update /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file :
* at the beginning :
Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "XFree86 Configured"
Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
# InputDevice "PS/2 Mouse" "CorePointer"
InputDevice "Configured Mouse" "CorePointer"
# Serial Mouse not detected
# USB Mouse not detected
EndSection
* for ps/2 mouse :
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Configured Mouse"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "Buttons" "5"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection
------------------- end of data -------------------
I've rebooted Knoppix but still have no success .
I'm calling up Kwrite editor with a big text file : no luck
I'm calling up the conqueror explorer with a big directory : no luck
Anyone has an idea ?
-
Senior Member
registered user
This works for me:
Code:
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "PS/2 Mouse"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "auto"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
Option "Emulate3Timeout" "70"
Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
EndSection
-
Thanks rickenbacherus for your answer.
Still it does not work, but I have found the reason.
I'm using VMWARE WKST to host my HD-installed KNOPPIX system and I have also some other virtual machines ( ex. windows adv server ), and guess what : the wheel-mouse does not work under windows also !
So this brings me that is a vmware problem.
Maybe out of topic : has anybody yet found out how to use the wheelmouse under vmsware wkst ??
Thanks again.
Bobke
Similar Threads
-
By Quip Frok in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-28-2004, 10:27 PM
-
By olavi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-10-2004, 09:19 PM
-
By hailing in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-03-2004, 10:05 AM
-
By jamesgf in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 05-01-2003, 12:44 PM
-
By bobaloo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-25-2003, 09:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00