-
mkisofs error: end request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy...
I encountered an error while making the KNOPPIX compressed filesystem from mkisofs. I googled for the answer to why this error was appearing:
end request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy, sector 0)
No one had an answer.
Well, for archival purposes this is what is happening.
At some point you had chrooted to the source, mounted /proc
and did a ^D exit without umount /proc . It left a link in /mnt/floppy
to /mnt/auto/floppy
In the KNOPPIX main system environment there is an auto mounting
reference to the floppy in /etc/fstab , so when you are compressing the source, it hits the floppy drive mount, finds no floppy in your system and produces an error.
The solution: Remove the link to /mnt/auto/floppy in the source area of your KNOPPIX project. I'm not sure if there was a file there before but I suspect it was probably just a directory /mnt/floppy under source.
I removed mine and reran mkisofs without the error appearing again.
In the future, always umount /proc before hitting that ^D ...
Similar Threads
-
By tytons in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-01-2004, 04:09 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 17
Last Post: 01-20-2004, 04:30 PM
-
By manjo in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-27-2003, 08:06 AM
-
By Mad_Max_FX in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-22-2003, 03:29 AM
-
By timmd in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-01-2003, 03:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2X Vintage Apple Macintosh Desktop Computers - IIcx/IIci - Parts Repair Untested
$129.00

Apple II Plus Model A2S1016 Vintage Computer w/ Disk II Rana System Untested
$399.99

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working
$22.99

3X Vintage Apple Macintosh IIsi Desktop Computers - Parts Repair Untested
$162.50

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Lime Green iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working
$59.99

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00

Apple Computer cards Super Serial SCSI AST -Orange Micro ++ Vintage 1980's
$169.00

Vintage Apple Mac OS 9 Retail Box 1999 Sherlock 2 Original CD Manuals
$50.00

Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used.
$199.99

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00