-
Senior Member
registered user
OK, I got my students using ssh and scp. Then I showed them fish and all hell broke loose. They won't use the shell anymore...
One problem though, for some reason some of my students could not access their files remotely in this fashion. It looks like some sort of networking error where the "connection is refused" or "connection closed by remote host." What would cause this? I've never had any networking problems using KNOPPIX in my lab before either for printing or for using the internet. So why a problem like this over the "intranet" (ie: LAN)?
If I can't get this to work, I'll have to break down and knx-hdinstall each PC so I can use x-clients and an x-server. I was looking into PXE, but what a complication!
Regards,
Similar Threads
-
By toxic_d in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-31-2004, 03:16 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 03:17 PM
-
By torbu in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 11:33 AM
-
By turbines in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-17-2004, 04:40 PM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-01-2003, 11:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99