Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Remasting from damn small linux

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4

    Remasting from damn small linux

    I recently tried to remaster from damn small linux, but was confronted with the fact that there is no mkisofs command... I'm kinda new to the whole remastering and was wondering if anyone had any success, and if so, how did you do it?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4
    I fixed my own problem, but now i'm experiencing some aweful bloat issues. I first noticed it, and then ran a test. I copied damn small linux over, and then without editing anything, I remade it. The iso is now 129mb, instead of 50mb... I didnt remove, or add anything. So I have no idea whats going on. Any ideas?

    I used knoppix 3.1 to remaster damn small linux. Maybe that is the issue?

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lindenhurst, NY
    Posts
    14
    Did you re-compress the KNOPPIX file as per the directions here? Most specifically, this line:

    Code:
    #mkisofs -R /mnt/hda3/KNOPPIX | create_compressed_fs - 65536 > /mnt/hda3/NewCD/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4
    I sure did. I used that one and this beast of a command:
    mkisofs -R -U -V "KNOPPIX.net filesystem" -P "KNOPPIX www.knoppix.net" -hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes -no-bak -pad /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX | nice -5 /usr/bin/create_compressed_fs - 65536 > /mnt/hda1/knx/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
    Which basically does the same exact thing.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    78
    To me, it seems that you didn't unmount the proc-filesystem before remastering... am I right ?
    In the chrooted environment, try to : umount -l -f /proc
    before building the ISO...
    Hope it helped.

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    13

    libc6

    I have been playing with damn small and an into a problem with libc6 which errors saying it isn't fully installed. Along with ethereal. . .

    I have searched google and so forth to no avail. . .any ideas or is it something obvious?

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    78
    The new 0.4.2 version seems to have a problem with apt-get, even after unpacking the dpkg.tar.gz !
    Either I am doing somthing wrong, or adding dpkg.tar.gz doesn't work for the 0.4.2 version..

  8. #8
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    13
    Actually I was having the same issue when I was playing with DS. I finally gave up and took Model K and updated the 35MB ISO then built up from there. I had even tried upgrading dpkg to no avail on DS.

    -J-

  9. #9
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    78
    cookiepuss : where did you get model-K ? (or did you still have it laying around somewhere ?)
    I ask this 'cause the links on the "Customizations" page didn't seem to work...

  10. #10
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    13

    L.A.S. Knoppix 0.3b

    I have had it for some time now. If you want what I have so far you can find it here: http://localareasecurity.com there is a dpkg -l on the site.

    -J- :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. damn small linux problem
    By fatso in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-18-2006, 10:00 PM
  2. Nvidia drivers on damn small linux
    By yuhnstuff in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2003, 01:18 PM
  3. Damn Small Linux remastering problems
    By TyphoonMentat in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2003, 09:24 AM
  4. Damn Small Linux Refresh Rate
    By arbs22 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 04:39 AM
  5. Damn Small linux and RDesktop???
    By Leg0z in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-22-2003, 10:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI picture

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI

$525.00



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99