-
Junior Member
registered user
New install script and wireless networking.
I just used the new knoppix-install script, it was an improvement and all went well till I rebooted. In the old hd installer there was an option at the end which network interface to use. My wireless is eth1 and that is my current network, the eht0 is not being used, but I can't seem to setup eth1 or use the wireless tools after the new hdinstall. After the old knx-hdinstall the ethernet would work fine. Is there an easy way to fix this, I want to install knoppix on several other machines here all on wireless.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Is your card detected in dmesg? Is it a pmcia card? What happens if you run wlcardconfig. If it's a laptop, try unpluging the card plugging it back in, and then running wlcardconfig.
I rely pretty heavily on wireless too so I'll need to be checking out these issues myself when I do an install.
Similar Threads
-
By grant_vallance in forum Networking
Replies: 22
Last Post: 06-24-2007, 02:17 AM
-
By FreshAL in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-26-2005, 09:17 PM
-
By jrankin2 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-11-2004, 07:06 PM
-
By Mike UK in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 09:04 AM
-
By Sn0wD0g in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 04:59 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98