You need to set permissions of pppd as follows:
chmod u+s /usr/sbin/pppd
That helped me to get online. Also check the permissions of kppp.
I was able to dial-up after tweaking kppp using a new user(me).
But konqueror or mozilla gives me "unknown host" error if I try to connect to websites. As if I am not connected to the net at all but kppp is running(connected).
This does not happen using knoppix user.
You need to set permissions of pppd as follows:
chmod u+s /usr/sbin/pppd
That helped me to get online. Also check the permissions of kppp.
There is great documentation on how to set up a new user with the same permissions as knoppix here: http://www.bytebot.net/geekdocs/debian-knoppix.html
I saw this on another post in this forum.![]()

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00