-
Keyboard Characters Not Mapping Correctly
I installed Knoppix on the hard drive of my PC. However, I find that some of the characters on my keyboard are not mapping correctly.
When I type "y", it appears as "z" on the screen (and vice-versa).
Similarly, some of the special characters also do not appear properly. E.g., a "+" appears as "`" on the screen.
How should I fix this problem?
Thanks,
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Keyboard Characters Not Mapping Correctly

Originally Posted by
ramu_i
I installed Knoppix on the hard drive of my PC. However, I find that some of the characters on my keyboard are not mapping correctly.
When I type "y", it appears as "z" on the screen (and vice-versa).
Similarly, some of the special characters also do not appear properly. E.g., a "+" appears as "`" on the screen.
How should I fix this problem?
Thanks,
You will see a little german flag to the right on the taskbar click on that and choose the US flag for that keyboard layout or to make the change permenant Control Center -> Regional & Accessability -> Keyboard Layout and choose the layout you want to be active I usually remove everything but the US layout.
Similar Threads
-
By stmue in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 11:46 AM
-
By bayamon in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 07:34 PM
-
By SuD in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-08-2004, 10:27 PM
-
By markleong in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-27-2003, 02:25 AM
-
By phoneutria in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-21-2003, 08:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor
$27.99

Intel Core i7-12700K 12th Gen Desktop Processor – LGA 1700 – Unlocked
$280.00

Intel Core Ultra 7 265KF 20-Core LGA 1851 Desktop Processor CPU
$199.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

AMD Ryzen 5 9600X Processor (Zen 5) 6-Core 3.9GHz AM5 65W Desktop CPU
$169.99

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99

Dell OptiPlex 5090 SFF PC w/ i7-10700 2.9GHz CPU 2TB HDD 8GB DDR4 RAM Win 10 Pro
$209.95