Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Keyboard Characters Not Mapping Correctly

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9

    Keyboard Characters Not Mapping Correctly

    I installed Knoppix on the hard drive of my PC. However, I find that some of the characters on my keyboard are not mapping correctly.

    When I type "y", it appears as "z" on the screen (and vice-versa).

    Similarly, some of the special characters also do not appear properly. E.g., a "+" appears as "`" on the screen.

    How should I fix this problem?

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Keyboard Characters Not Mapping Correctly

    Quote Originally Posted by ramu_i
    I installed Knoppix on the hard drive of my PC. However, I find that some of the characters on my keyboard are not mapping correctly.

    When I type "y", it appears as "z" on the screen (and vice-versa).

    Similarly, some of the special characters also do not appear properly. E.g., a "+" appears as "`" on the screen.

    How should I fix this problem?

    Thanks,
    You will see a little german flag to the right on the taskbar click on that and choose the US flag for that keyboard layout or to make the change permenant Control Center -> Regional & Accessability -> Keyboard Layout and choose the layout you want to be active I usually remove everything but the US layout.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 11:46 AM
  2. mapping drives
    By bayamon in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 07:34 PM
  3. Mapping Dlink-650 to use HostAP driver
    By SuD in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-08-2004, 10:27 PM
  4. Entering Chinese characters
    By markleong in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-27-2003, 02:25 AM
  5. Problems with non ASCII characters in Java
    By phoneutria in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2003, 08:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600

$239.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive picture

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99



Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD

$339.00



Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5

Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s

$59.00



New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD

$137.59



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99