-
A note of thanks
I wanted to express my thanks to everyone involved in the creation of Knoppix for saving me a whole bunch of time and expense.
I've been trying to connect my home PC (running under operating software which I won't name here) to a broadband network. Total lack of success. Broadband provider unable to suggest anything productively helpful. Essentially no diagnostics. Where would one start?
A friend (thanks, Peter) suggested booting the PC from the Knoppix CD. This inspired suggestion has enabled me to sideline all issues of configuring the target operating software and its drivers, and to discover with certainty (1) that my LAN interface hardware is working fine, and (2) that my RJ45 extension cable is defective. Getting those variables out of the way has better than halved the original problem size, I reckon. I anticipate a complete resolution shortly.
I therefore thouroughly recommend the Knoppix CD as a diagnostic tool for circumstances like these.
Thanks again.
Similar Threads
-
By andymadigan in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-12-2004, 10:50 AM
-
By kelmo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-13-2004, 04:00 AM
-
By ferreter in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-19-2003, 11:09 PM
-
By Dave_Bechtel in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 12:22 AM
-
By Dave_Bechtel in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-13-2003, 06:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99