-
Junior Member
registered user
Yet again, after lots of Googling, I found my own answer. Again, in case this is helpful to anyone..
I found the answer here if anyone's interested.
More specifically, if you don't feel like reading, in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc, there is a file called fonts.alias. The first line is..
Code:
fixed -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-120-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
There's the "default font 'fixed'" that I kept getting errors on. If you change the line to..
Code:
fixed -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--7-70-75-75-c-50-iso8859-1
..remaster, and test again, X starts up without a problem, and that's with ONLY xfonts-base and xfonts-75dpi installed.
(Actually, I only swapped the "semicondensed" with "normal", and that worked as well - I didn't change anything else in the line).
I'll probably end up removing the 75dpi fonts later on, as I have more programs to look at removing first. So far I'm down to 119 MB compressed. Only 70 MB more to cut down before it will fit on a business card CD-R. Rock.
Similar Threads
-
By florin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-07-2005, 02:11 AM
-
By technoronin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-19-2004, 01:36 AM
-
By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 29
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
-
By eric2 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-25-2004, 11:36 AM
-
By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 11
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 12:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$259.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99

Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$221.00