Since I see no mention of Linux in your post I am wondering if you're booting the Knoppix Linux disc?
If you have windows questions I would imagine that you'd have better luck in a windows forum no? Who knows............![]()
![]()
I have just purchased a new PC system and am having internet connection problems. On my old system the modem was a 56k V90 modem and I always achieved connections of at least 49kbs or 50kbs. My new modem is an Intel 536EP modem and for most of the time it only connects at either 31kbs or 33kbs even in off peak times.
I have tried all the usual tweaks in control panel (Windows XP) such as altering the transmission and receive rates but to no avail. I know my telephone line is OK and I still use the same sevice provider ( Freeserve Anytime).
Just wondering if there's anyone out there who were having similar problems and have found a fix.[/b]
Since I see no mention of Linux in your post I am wondering if you're booting the Knoppix Linux disc?
If you have windows questions I would imagine that you'd have better luck in a windows forum no? Who knows............![]()

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$475.60
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$427.48
External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1785.15
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$17.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
ASUS ROG Strix G16 16" i9-13980HX 13th Gen 1 TB 16GB RAM RTX 4080
$1700.00
Apple Macbook Pro 16" i9-9980hk 32GB 1TB - Good
$509.99