-
Knoppix + apt + what the...?
Hello All,
I was wondering if you fine poeple wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction to fix an apt issue in knoppix. Whenever I try to apt-get install anything I get an error message like:
root@helios:~# apt-get install netselect
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
alsa-base: Depends: alsa-utils but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
but I cannot uninstall alsa-utils and apt-get -f install doesn't do crap. I'm kinda at standstill for a remaster I'm working on and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also, what are the packages that I need to remove to ax the huge openoffice program from my system (not that i can even do that w/o fixing the above issue
)
Thanks a bunch,
ferreter
-
Senior Member
registered user
According to the error message alsa-utils isn't installed. Maybe removing alsa-base will help.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

G.Skill Flare X5 DDR5-6000 RAM/Memory 32GB(2x16GB) 36-36-36-96 1.35V
$385.00

SK HYNIX 32GB 2RX4 PC4 2666V ECC SERVER RAM
$199.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

M386A8K40DM2-CVF SAMSUNG 64GB (1X64GB) 4DRX4 PC4-2933Y SERVER MEMORY
$1200.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Micron MTA36ASF8G72PZ-3G2E1TI 64GB DDR4-3200AA-RB4-12 RDIMM Memory Module
$650.00

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99

T-FORCE DELTA α RGB DDR5 16GB (2x8GB) 6000MHz DIMM Desktop Memory Kit
$225.00