Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Help using KNOPPIX 3.2

  1. #11
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Loper
    Quote Originally Posted by yhw22
    where can i get the file md5sum??? Note: i'm using ms-windows now
    A quick Google search turned up http://www.etree.org/md5com.html for download and usage instructions for md5sum.exe (I think that's where I got it myself). Once you get Knoppix up-and-running, md5sum is already installed under Linux.

    You can also enter the cheat-code Knoppix testcd at the Boot: prompt to have the disc check itself.
    i had use e md5sum 2 check, and it is 'ok'. so now wat is e problem, dat give a error msg "Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry."

    Help!!

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Carlisle, England
    Posts
    42
    Sorry, can't hold back any longer.......

    WITH THAT ABUSE OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE, PLEASE!!!!

    Jeez, you wanna ask for help then do so properly.

    [edit]
    Edited for profanity also the OP may not have that good a grasp of the English language you may want to take that into consideration.

    Stephen
    [/edit]

  3. #13
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Carlisle, England
    Posts
    42
    My apologies...

  4. #14
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    My apologies...
    i accept. do you guys dont use short form during messaging??? this way is faster!! as long as it is an understandable language!!

    ok, back to the topic, i had even try the method of using cheatcode at the Boot: by typing 'knoppix testcd", but it since to have no response or any different without typing the cheatcode.

  5. #15
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by yhw22
    i accept. do you guys dont use short form during messaging??? this way is faster!! as long as it is an understandable language!!
    That's just it- I for one had a very hard time understanding it. Anyway........I would dl a new .iso from a Knoppix mirror, check the md5sum before burning, get a different brand of media and see if that disc wouldn't boot then. There is no reason that it can't find its own filesystem- it's right there on the cd after all. Your cd almost has to be corrupted. There are machines that have problems booting syslinux tho.

  6. #16
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    My apologies...
    Now after having read the response I share your original assessment of the situation without the profanity of course.

  7. #17
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Carlisle, England
    Posts
    42
    Cheers! He-he.... there's enough of that "lingo" when playing Counterstrike, don't want to see it becoming commonplace on this forum.

    On a side note, if you actually type your messages in full you'll find that you're typing skills vastly improve in a short time

  8. #18
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    16
    The CD start booting up, it will start to prompt by "Boot:", then it will show the "Welcome" message and then it start scanning for devices (I think so, as I saw hardware device). After the scanning, an error message appear.

    During the downloading time, I'm using Getright software to download it, and use of multiple website, as I found some of the websites are too slow. Do you think these may be the problem. Even with the help of md5sum or knoppix testcd, also unable to detect the error.

    Or is it the method I burn the CD is wrong? First I downloaded the file "KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-06-06-EN.iso", then I unzipped it, these is to retrieve a file "boot.img" to make it bootable. I use Nero software to make a bootable CD and at the same time burn the file "KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-06-06-EN.iso" into a 700MB CD.

    I will re-download again, see got any problem with it. Shit, it going to take me another few hours to download again!!!!!!

    Any advise on downloading it, to minmise error, can I use software like Getright to download with multiple segments?

    Thank

  9. #19
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Carlisle, England
    Posts
    42
    Yikes! Don't understand why you are unzipping it to get at the boot.img file..

    Here's what I did:

    1. Download the ISO (didn't use any download managers, shouldn't really make any difference though)
    2. Right clicked the ISO and chose RECORD TO CD (Roxio EasyCD Creator) - I also tested this with Nero: File->Burn Image and it works fine.

    Hope this helps - if you still got the ISO on your system try the above, if not, good luck downloading another version.

  10. #20
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    Yikes! Don't understand why you are unzipping it to get at the boot.img file..

    Here's what I did:

    1. Download the ISO (didn't use any download managers, shouldn't really make any difference though)
    2. Right clicked the ISO and chose RECORD TO CD (Roxio EasyCD Creator) - I also tested this with Nero: File->Burn Image and it works fine.

    Hope this helps - if you still got the ISO on your system try the above, if not, good luck downloading another version.
    I had try the method just burn the file ISO only, and it didn't boot at all (It directly go to my HDD, without any prompting or "Welcome" messages).

    I need the boot.img file, so that to make a bootable disk. In these case, at least I saw the prompt Boot: and "Welcome" messages.

    Questions: Do we need to make the disk bootable? Just the ISO file good enough, no other files needed?

    Thank

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



SSD 2.5

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed

$42.00



Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280  SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC picture

Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC

$34.99