-
Junior Member
registered user
2 errors when installing WineX
Hi,
I'm a linux newbie and I tried to install WineX which I got from http://digilander.libero.it/winehqitalia/winex.html and when I try to install it I get 2 errors which are: "error: cannot open packages index using db3 - no such file or directory (2)" and
"error: cannot open packages database in /var/lib/rpm". Can anyone help me out with this? And I'm logged in as root
-
Senior Member
registered user
You are trying to install a .rpm on a system that uses .deb packages the reason you get the errors is there is no RPM database. One method you can try with no guarantee that it will work is to use alien to convert the .rpm to a .deb and install it. The command would be alien -i name_of_rpm_file.rpm as root in a console window of course.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Similar Threads
-
By ruin2it3 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-03-2004, 07:30 AM
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-11-2004, 10:31 PM
-
By TheTempest in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 03:49 PM
-
By Blue in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-17-2003, 04:28 PM
-
By slak in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 05:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU
$39.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

Intel Core i7-6700 3.40 GHz QUAD Core (4 Core) Desktop Processor 8MB LGA 1151
$29.99

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95

GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4
$229.95